Thursday, November 17, 2011

Brittany Interviews Mike

A couple years ago I went down to Guaymas, Mexico to visit friends there. Bill and Miriam had their sailboat out of the water for repairs in a boat yard at Las Playitas. It was a great place, off the beaten path, friendly, with cheap beer and warm weather. One of the other boats owners in the yard had their daughter with them, Brittany. She was a bundle of energy and questions and curiosity. One day when we all needed a bit of a break from the chatter, I gave her one of my cameras to play with, thinking that it would keep her entertained for a bit.
 Well as it turns out she took 1000 photographs ( no B.S.....1000 pictures ! ) and interviewed everyone within range.
Britt interviewed me on board Bill and Miriam's sailboat, in the galley
I'll add a few other pics to give you the flavor of the place and time. Awesome destination if you like the non-tourist side of Mexico.
The artist, Brittany
The boatyard, early morning


Some of the boatyard gang at Abuelo's for lunch...photo by Britt

Bill and Mir...The photo got reversed in the transfer, Bill in case your wondering

Britt's passion for the boatyard dogs



This is one of my photos, in town...great car!

Outdoor boxing classes, downtown Guaymas

Residential neighborhood up in the hills, everyone has a cellphone in these parts

Just down the road from the boatyard, commercial fishermen process the catch 
Me, kinda ...almost working on the boat

Bill really was working, he's featured in some of my diving stories, he was my instructor, back in day "one" of my diving days

No comments:

Post a Comment