Friday, April 13, 2012

Still connecting with the Turtles

Ok, so a few blog posts back, I mentioned the Netfilx movie "My Dinner with Jimi". This was a movie about the 1960's rock band the Turtles, and their first trip to swinging London.
After finding several interconnections with other rock bands, songwriters and such...the Turtles "matrix" just seemed to have a life of it's own.
The reason that I find this so interesting is like I said before, I just didn't give much credit to the band for anything but a pop song or two.
A partial list of Turtles connections,
Jimi Hendrix, Leon Russell, Frank Zappa, Warren Zevon, Harry Nillson, The Monkees, T-Rex and more...you get the picture...
So here is my latest treasure to add to the mix. I'm curious now how far this can go before it runs out of steam.
Also discovered in another Netflix movie, "Adaptation" with not one ,but two Nicholas Cages...here is the latest.
In this scene, the two brothers try desperately to calm themselves down by singing their favorite song, "So Happy Together"...yes, a Turtles song
Oh but wait, it gets better! So much better. While looking up the clip on Youtube, this little gem showed up. So I tell you what, because we are such good friends, I'll throw this one in for the same price. I appreciate your business and want to see you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment