Friday, December 23, 2011

Small Minds Course

.This is a comment that I put on Deyna's blog. It refers to an earlier comment, where I mentioned how hard I work ...not to be "small-minded"
 
 
 Deyna's Xmas story..." a Very Hitchens/Dickens Xmas" is here..
 
http://lostironies.blogspot.com/2011/12/christopher-hitchens-christmas-carol_22.html
 
 This is a work of fiction. It does not represent REALITY. It's made up bullshit.
OK...here's what we'll do.
Everybody join hands, and repeat after me.
"The story I'm about to read is made up bullshit"
again...
"The story I'm about to read is made up bullshit"
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna..
 

I actually took an internet test for "small-mindedness"...it boasted an accuracy rate of +/- 100%... It showed that my small minded thinking had increased 22% over the last year. Cynicism was so high that the company had a doctor phone me....as I was taking the test online! Apathy was so high that the entire network server farm went down. The test asked if I considered myself to be "jaded" and I answered, using their numerical/algorithm rating system. They wrote back and asked me not to have five different people answer the one question. I was careful when asked about alcohol intake... Answer... I only use booze to mask physical pain and mental anguish, to provide courage and an inflated sense of self, to prepare for a confrontation with superiors, to greatly improve social skills at parties and at lunch during the work day. I limit myself to imbibing only six days per week...and rarely before 9 a.m. By his time, the doctor stayed on the phone as I filled out the rest of the questionnaire. At first he was trying to sell me their primo-deluxe "Big Mind/High Hand" package for 12 easy payments of 52.35 per month..plus shipping and handling. But by the time I got near the end of the test...he offered me 100 dollars in cash to go away and never come back to their website again. Fiction equals made up bullshit. This blog entry is a prime example of made up bullshit. Some of you will still confuse this with reality. I blame this on the preaching broadcasting of Fox News and CNN That...and the fact that some people work really, really hard to try and mold reality and fiction together to fit their world view. OK, maybe that's still the Fox News and CNN thing. No matter what I say, someone out there will try to order the "Big Mind/High Hand course"...and then still be totally shocked when the "Border Processing Fee" is more than the original price tag. Hare Krishna Hare Krishna.     Mike Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment