Friday, December 2, 2011

TED Talk .......... Being Wrong

The science, psychology and universal human experience of being wrong.

One of my favorite "Mike-isms"...is "I was wrong once and it was terrible"...which is an inside joke.

It only works well with people who know me. I have endured more "Epic fails" in word, thought and action than anyone I know.
I have actually, in real life... had that Hollywood comedy moment when I've said or did something...and people have stepped away and say... "I'm not with him "

One of my favorite building contractor buddies ( who should have been a comedian ) used to say..."I've made exactly three major mistakes in my life, ... one was marrying my first wife....and I can't remember what the other two are."

All of the assumptions that Christopher Columbus had about his journey were wrong. All of them. Wrong. Where he was going, how long it would take, his calculations of distance, what he would find there...and finally that the near bankrupt Spanish crown would pay him for his efforts....( he had to sue them for payment and kept promises after they accused him of barbarian atrocities in dealings with New World natives.)

There is a new Kathryn Shulz TED talk on "Regret" on the TEDTalks site.

No comments:

Post a Comment